add and substitute to your hearts content.
2-3 bowls potato soup
half a pack of bacon (diced)
1 large potato (peeled, diced)
1 large shallot (diced)
3 cloves garlic (diced)
2.5 cups chicken broth
1/3 cup milk
1tblsp white flour
1/6 cup heavy cream
- cook your bacon. set it aside, keep a good amount of the grease in the pan.
- crank it up to medium-high, throw in your potato, garlic, shallots and seasoning. 5 minutes baby.
- pour in the broth and drop the heat to medium. let it simmer/gently boil for 10.
- whisk together flour and milk until there are no clumps. pour it in with everything else. boil for another 5.
- add heavy cream, bacon, and cheese (I add it now and mix it in, if you want to garnish with it, do it)
now, you can either be done here, or make it super delicious and creamy and take 2/3 of the soup to the blender. when you pour it back in, it'll be majority creamy with some chunks at the bottom. yum.