6-8 servings of potato au gratin
2 potatoes, peeled
1 clove garlic
1 cup milk
grated cheese (whatever you want, really)
- preheat oven to 450
- peel and slice potatoes as thin as you can. set them in a bowl of cold water.
- boil your milk.
- rub the baking dish with butter and a clove of garlic. rub it good.
- start layering your potatoes; every 2 layers or so, sprinkle on the seasoning and cheese and a couple pieces of butter.
- keep going till you're out of potatoes, then cover it all with more cheese.
- pour the boiling milk on top.
- put it in the oven for 45 minutes, or until it's super golden brown on top and the potatoes are tender as shit. my oven might just be dumb.