2-3 bowls of spicy carbonara
1/2 box pasta
4 cloves garlic
half a red onion
4 cayenne peppers
1/4 cup white wine (or ginger ale)
1 egg yolk
half a package of bacon
- boil pasta
- while that's going on, dice and cook your bacon on medium high, until it's almost done.
- pour out the bacon grease and add the onion, garlic, and peppers.
- sautee until the onions are soft, then turn off the heat and pour in your wine. stir that shit a lot.
- in a seperate bowl, mix the egg yolk and 1/4 cup of boiling pasta water.
- drain the pasta, put it in the pan, and pour the egg mix ontop.
- stir it like hell while you add cheese, salt, pepper, and rosemary.
- stir it some more.
protip: ginger ale is a solid substitute for white wine. it's also cheaper. onions are not entirely necessary in this, nor are peppers. if you're feeling fancy, use pancetta instead of bacon. but for the love of god, don't do this sans-bacon. thats just... fucked up.