double points for crock pot indian food
you can also do this entireley on the stove top, see below for that recipe.
6-7 bowls of chicken tikka masala
3 chicken breasts (cubed)
1 big can of tomato puree (they're like, 32oz?)
1.5 cup plain yogurt
1 cup half&half
half a red onion (diced)
5-2948783763 cloves of garlic (diced)
5 cayenne peppers (diced)
garam masala powder
couple bay leaves
3tblsp olive oil
- throw everything except the half&half into a crock pot.
- put it on high for ~4 hours or low for ~8 hours
- an hour to half an hour before it's done, mix in the half&half.
it'll keep for damn near two weeks, reheats easy peasy in the microwave or on the stove, all it needs is some rice. play with what spices you throw in, or add more veggies if you're an adult.
if for some reason you want to do it stovetop, here's how (though I would cut the measurements by a half):
- saute chicken with salt, pepper, curry, turmeric, and garam masala.
- when the chicken is almost done, add the onion, garlic, and peppers.
- when those are done, pour in tomato puree, yogurt, and the rest of the spices and let it simmer for 20min
- add in the half&half and let it simmer for at least another 10 min, season to taste.